2012-2013 Flu Shot Season
Get a Free Flu Shot at Your Pharmacy
Flu season is here once again, and your state health plan is partnering with local pharmacies to give you a free flu shot! Just show your COVA Care, COVA Connect or COVA HDHP plan ID card to the pharmacist to get flu shots at no cost for you and covered family members. Please note that the COVA Care prescription drug program is now administered by Express Scripts/Medco because of the merger of Medco and Express Scripts earlier this year. There are no changes to our networks or your benefits.
Follow these easy steps:
- Look at the local participating pharmacy list for your health plan.
- If your retail drug store is listed, call them to verify that the pharmacy is participating in the Commonwealth of Virginia flu shot program, and ask when flu shots will be available.
- Once you have the information, go to the pharmacy and present your COVA Care, COVA Connect or COVA HDHP health plan ID card.
- Get your flu shot at no charge. It is covered by your prescription drug benefit.
- Be sure to get you flu shot from the pharmacy and not from a third party vendor who may be holding a clinic at the store. Flu shots received at non-network pharmacies and vendors will not be covered.
- Check the link to your plan below for a list of local participating pharmacies. Your state agency location may be working with a local pharmacy to provide free flu shots onsite. Be sure to ask about local schedules. Kaiser Permanente HMO plan members have access to free flu shots at participating Kaiser medical centers.